Graph + Single Stat visualization
The Graph + Single Stat view displays the specified time series in a line graph and overlays the single most recent value as a large numeric value.
Select the Graph + Single Stat option from the visualization dropdown in the upper right.
Graph + Single Stat behavior
The Graph visualization color codes each table (or series) in the queried data set. When multiple series are present, it automatically assigns colors based on the selected Line Colors option.
The Single Stat visualization displays a single numeric data point. It uses the latest point in the first table (or series) returned by the query.
Queries should return one table
Flux does not guarantee the order in which tables are returned. If a query returns multiple tables (or series), the table order can change between query executions and result in the Single Stat visualization displaying inconsistent data. For consistent Single Stat results, the query should return a single table.
Graph + Single Stat Controls
To view Graph + Single Stat controls, click the settings icon ( ) next to the visualization dropdown in the upper right.
- X Column: Select a column to display on the x-axis.
- Y Column: Select a column to display on the y-axis.
- Line Colors: Select a color scheme to use for your graph.
- Shade Area Below Lines: Shade in the area below the graph lines.
- Y Axis Label: Label for the y-axis.
- Y Tick Prefix: Prefix to be added to y-value.
- Y Tick Suffix: Suffix to be added to y-value.
- Y Axis Domain: The y-axis value range.
- Auto: Automatically determine the value range based on values in the data set.
- Custom: Manually specify the value range of the y-axis.
- Min: Minimum y-axis value.
- Max: Maximum y-axis value.
- Prefix: Prefix to be added to the single stat.
- Suffix: Suffix to be added to the single stat.
- Decimal Places: The number of decimal places to display for the single stat.
- Auto or Custom: Enable or disable auto-setting.
- Base Color: Select a base or background color from the selection list.
- Add a Threshold: Change the color of the single stat based on the current value.
- Value is: Enter the value at which the single stat should appear in the selected color. Choose a color from the dropdown menu next to the value.
- Colorization: Choose Text for the single stat to change color based on the configured thresholds. Choose Background for the background of the graph to change color based on the configured thresholds.
Graph + Single Stat examples
The primary use case for the Graph + Single Stat visualization is to show the current or latest value as well as historical values.
Show current value and historical values
The following example shows the current percentage of memory used as well as memory usage over time:
Query memory usage percentage
from(bucket: "example-bucket") |> range(start: v.timeRangeStart, stop: v.timeRangeStop) |> filter(fn: (r) => r._measurement == "mem" and r._field == "used_percent" )
Memory usage visualization
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods:
- Post in the InfluxData Community
- In the InfluxDB UI, click Feedback in the left navigation bar.