The Gauge visualization displays the most recent value for a time series in a gauge.
Select the Gauge option from the visualization dropdown in the upper right.
The gauge visualization displays a single numeric data point within a defined spectrum (default is 0-100). It uses the latest point in the first table (or series) returned by the query.
Queries should return one table
Flux does not guarantee the order in which tables are returned. If a query returns multiple tables (or series), the table order can change between query executions and result in the Gauge displaying inconsistent data. For consistent results, the Gauge query should return a single table.
To view Gauge controls, click the settings icon ( ) next to the visualization dropdown in the upper right.
- Prefix: Prefix to add to the gauge.
- Suffix: Suffix to add to the gauge.
- Decimal Places: The number of decimal places to display for the the gauge.
- Auto or Custom: Enable or disable auto-setting.
- Base Color: Select a base or background color from the selection list.
- Add a Threshold: Change the color of the gauge based on the current value.
- Value is: Enter the value at which the gauge should appear in the selected color. Choose a color from the dropdown menu next to the value.
Gauge visualizations are useful for showing the current value of a metric and displaying where it falls within a spectrum.
Steam pressure gauge
The following example queries sensor data that tracks the pressure of steam pipes in a facility and displays it as a gauge.
Query pressure data from a specific sensor
from(bucket: "example-bucket") |> range(start: -1m) |> filter(fn: (r) => r._measurement == "steam-sensors" and r._field == "psi" r.sensorID == "a211i" )
Visualization options for pressure gauge
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods:
- Post in the InfluxData Community
- In the InfluxDB UI, click Feedback in the left navigation bar.