Explore metrics with InfluxDB
Explore and visualize your data in the Data Explorer. The InfluxDB user interface (UI) allows you to move seamlessly between using the Flux builder or templates and manually editing the query. Choose between visualization types for your query.
To open the Data Explorer, click the Data Explorer icon in the navigation bar:
Explore data with Flux
Flux is InfluxData’s functional data scripting language designed for querying, analyzing, and acting on time series data. See Get started with Flux to learn more about Flux.
- Click the Data Explorer icon in the sidebar.
- Use the Flux builder in the bottom panel to select a bucket and filters such as measurement, field or tag. Alternatively, click Script Editor to manually edit the query. To switch back to the query builder, click Query Builder. Note that your updates from the Script Editor will not be saved.
- Use the Functions list to review the available Flux functions. Click on a function from the list to add it to your query.
- Click Submit to run your query. You can then preview your graph in the above pane.
- To work on multiple queries at once, click the
to add another tab.
- Click the eye icon on a tab to hide or show a query’s visualization.
- Click on the name of the query in the tab to rename it.
Visualize your query
Select from available visualization types or enable the View Raw Data option to view all of your query’s results.
Select a visualization type from the dropdown menu in the upper-left.
Select the Visualization tab at the bottom of the Data Explorer. For details about all of the available visualization options, see Visualization types.
Save your query as a dashboard cell or task
To save your query:
- Click Save as in the upper right.
- Click Dashboard Cell to add your query to a dashboard.
- Click Task to save your query as a task.
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods:
- Post in the InfluxData Community
- In the InfluxDB UI, click Feedback in the left navigation bar.