Control a dashboard
Control at the dashboard level
Use dashboard controls in the upper right to update your dashboard.
Add a cell
Click Add Cell to open the Data Explorer and configure a new cell for your dashboard.
For details on using the Data Explorer, see Explore metrics.
Add a note
- Click Add Note to add a note cell to your dashboard.
- Enter your note in Markdown in the left pane. A preview appears in the right pane.
- Enable the Show note when query returns no data option to show the note only when the query displays no data.
- Click Save.
Click the timezone dropdown to select a timezone to use for the dashboard. Select either the local time (default) or UTC.
Select auto-refresh interval
Select how frequently to refresh the dashboard’s data. By default, refreshing is paused.
Manually refresh dashboard
Click the refresh button ( ) to manually refresh the dashboard’s data.
Select time range
- Select from the time range options in the dropdown menu.
- Select Custom Time Range to enter a custom time range with precision up to nanoseconds. The default time range is 5 minutes.
Click Variables to display variables available for your dashboard. For details, see Use and manage variables
Click the fullscreen icon ( ) to enter presentation mode. Presentation mode allows you to view [a dashboard] in full screen, hiding the left and top navigation menus so only the cells appear. This mode might be helpful, for example, for stationary screens dedicated to monitoring visualizations.
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods: