InfluxDB v2.0 release notes
This will remove all tasks from your InfluxDB v2.0 instance.
- Set autorefresh of dashboard to pause if absolute time range is selected.
- Switch task back end to a more modular and flexible system.
- Add org profile tab with ability to edit organization name.
- Add org name to dashboard page title.
- Add cautioning to bucket renaming.
- Add option to generate all access token in tokens tab.
- Add option to generate read/write token in tokens tab.
- Add new Local Metrics Dashboard template that is created during Quick Start.
- Fixed scroll clipping found in label editing flow.
- Prevent overlapping text and dot in time range dropdown.
- Updated link in notes cell to a more useful site.
- Show error message when adding line protocol.
- Update UI Flux function documentation.
- Update System template to support math with floats.
- Fix the
- Fix typo in the
rangeFlux function example.
- Update the
systemTimefunction to use
- Add general polish and empty states to Create Dashboard from Template overlay.
- Add the ability to edit token’s description.
- Add the option to create a dashboard from a template.
- Add the ability to add labels on variables.
- Add switch organizations dropdown to home navigation menu item.
- Add create org to side nav.
- Add “Getting Started with Flux” template.
- Update to Flux v0.25.0.
- Update shift to timeShift in Flux functions sidebar.
- Update cursor to grab when hovering draggable areas.
- Sync note editor text and preview scrolling.
- Add the ability to create a bucket when creating an organization.
- Insert Flux function near cursor in Flux Editor.
- Enable the use of variables in the Data Explorer and Cell Editor Overlay.
- Add a variable control bar to dashboards to select values for variables.
- Add ability to add variable to script from the side menu.
- Use time range for meta queries in Data Explorer and Cell Editor Overlay.
- Fix screen tearing bug in raw data view.
- Add copy to clipboard button to export overlays.
- Enable copying error messages to the clipboard from dashboard cells.
- Add the ability to update token’s status in token list.
- Allow variables to be re-ordered within control bar on a dashboard.
- Add the ability to delete a template.
- Save user preference for variable control bar visibility and default to visible.
- Add the ability to clone a template.
- Add the ability to import a variable.
- Fix mismatch in bucket row and header.
- Allows user to edit note on cell.
- Fix empty state styles in scrapers in org view.
- Fix bucket creation error when changing retention rules types.
- Fix task creation error when switching schedule types.
- Fix hidden horizontal scrollbars in flux raw data view.
- Fix screen tearing bug in raw data View.
- Fix routing loop.
- Move bucket selection in the query builder to the first card in the list.
- Ensure editor is automatically focused in Note Editor.
- Add ability to edit a template’s name.
We have updated the way we do predefined dashboards to include Templates in this release which will cause existing Organizations to not have a System dashboard created when they build a new Telegraf configuration. In order to get this functionality, remove your existing data and start from scratch.
This will remove all data from your InfluxDB v2.0 instance including time series data.
Linux and macOS
v2.0.0-alpha.6 can be started.
- Add ability to import a dashboard.
- Add ability to import a dashboard from organization view.
- Add ability to export a dashboard and a task.
influxdbinary. This is also the default when no subcommand is specified.
- Add ability to save a query as a variable from the Data Explorer.
- Add System template on onboarding.
- Stop scrollbars from covering text in Flux editor.
- Fine tune keyboard interactions for managing labels from a resource card.
This release includes a breaking change to the format in which Time-Structured Merge Tree (TSM) and index data are stored on disk. Existing local data will not be queryable after upgrading to this release.
Prior to installing this release, remove all storage-engine data from your local InfluxDB 2.x installation. To remove only TSM and index data and preserve all other other InfluxDB 2.x data (organizations, buckets, settings, etc), run the following command.
Linux and macOS
rm -r ~/.influxdbv2/engine
Once completed, InfluxDB v2.0.0-alpha.5 can be started.
- Add labels to cloned tasks.
- Add ability to filter resources by clicking a label.
- Add ability to add a member to org.
- Improve representation of TSM tagsets on disk.
- Add ability to remove a member from org.
- Update to Flux v0.21.4.
- Prevent clipping of code snippets in Firefox.
- Prevent clipping of cell edit menus in dashboards.
- Make code snippet copy functionality easier to use.
- Always show live preview in note cell editor.
- Redesign scraper creation workflow.
- Show warning in Telegraf and scraper lists when user has no buckets.
- Streamline label addition, removal, and creation from the dashboards list.
- Add the ability to run a task manually from tasks page.
- Add the ability to select a custom time range in explorer and dashboard.
- Display the version information on the login page.
- Add the ability to update a variable’s name and query.
- Add labels to cloned dashboard.
- Add ability filter resources by label name.
- Add ability to create or add labels to a resource from labels editor.
- Update to Flux v0.20.
- Update the bucket retention policy to update the time in seconds.
- Update the preview in the label overlays to be shorter.
- Add notifications to scrapers page for created/deleted/updated scrapers.
- Add notifications to buckets page for created/deleted/updated buckets.
- Update the admin page to display error for password length.
- Add the ability to name a scraper target.
- Display scraper name as the first and only updatable column in scrapers list.
- Add the ability to view runs for a task.
- Display last completed run for tasks list.
- Add the ability to view the logs for a specific task run.
- Update the inline edit for resource names to guard for empty strings.
- Prevent a new template dashboard from being created on every Telegraf config update.
- Fix overlapping buttons in Telegraf verify data step.
- Move the download Telegraf config button to view config overlay.
- Combine permissions for user by type.
- Add instructions button to view
$INFLUX_TOKENsetup for Telegraf configs.
- Save the
$INFLUX_TOKENenvironmental variable in Telegraf configs.
- Update Tasks tab on Organizations page to look like Tasks Page.
- Add view button to view the Telegraf config toml.
- Add plugin information step to allow for config naming and configure one plugin at a time.
- Update Dashboards tab on Organizations page to look like Dashboards Page.
- Update the System Telegraf Plugin bundle to include the Swap plugin.
- Revert behavior allowing users to create authorizations on behalf of another user.
- Change the wording for the plugin config form button to “Done.”
- Change the wording for the Collectors configure step button to “Create and Verify.”
- Standardize page loading spinner styles.
- Show checkbox on “Save As” button in data explorer.
- Make collectors plugins side bar visible in only the configure step.
- Swap retention policies on Create bucket page.
This is the initial alpha release of InfluxDB 2.0.
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods:
- Post in the InfluxData Community
- In the InfluxDB UI, click Feedback in the left navigation bar.