Side effects can occur in one of two ways.
- By reassigning built-in options
- By calling a function that produces side effects
A function produces side effects when it is explicitly declared to have side effects or when it calls a function that itself produces side effects.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support or submit feedback, the following resources are available:
- Post in the InfluxData Community.
- Submit documentation issues to the InfluxDB 2.0 documentation repository.
- Submit InfluxDB issues to the InfluxDB repository.
For our InfluxDB Cloud customers, InfluxData Support is also available.