Explore with Postman
Download Postman from the official downloads page.
Or to install with Homebrew on macOS, run the following command:
brew cask install postman
Send authenticated API requests with Postman
All requests to the InfluxDB API must be authenticated. Postman lets you configure the headers and body of HTTP requests.
Use the Authorization tab in Postman to include the credentials required when interacting with the InfluxDB API.
- If you have not already, create a token.
- In the Authorization tab, select API Key in the Type dropdown.
- For Key, enter
- For Value, enter
Token [token string], replacing
token stringwith the token generated in step 1.
- Ensure that the Add to option is set to Header.
To test the authentication, enter the
/health endpoint of a local or Cloud instance of InfluxDB into the address bar
(for example, http://localhost:9999/api/v2/health or https://us-west-2-1.aws.cloud2.influxdata.com/api/v2/health)
and then click Send.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support or submit feedback, the following resources are available:
- Post in the InfluxData Community.
- Submit documentation issues to the InfluxDB 2.0 documentation repository.
- Submit InfluxDB issues to the InfluxDB repository.
For our InfluxDB Cloud customers, InfluxData Support is also available.