Create notification endpoints
To send notifications about changes in your data, start by creating a notification endpoint to a third party service. After creating notification endpoints, create notification rules to send alerts to third party services on check statuses.
Create a notification endpoint in the UI
In the navigation menu on the left, select Alerts.
Select Notification Endpoints near to top of the page.
From the Destination drop-down list, select a destination endpoint to send notifications. The following endpoints are available for InfluxDB 2.0 OSS, the InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 Free Plan, and the InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 Usage-based Plan:
Endpoint OSS Free Plan (Cloud) Usage-based Plan (Cloud) Slack PagerDuty HTTP
In the Name and Description fields, enter a name and description for the endpoint.
Enter enter information to connect to the endpoint:
For HTTP, enter the URL to send the notification. Select the auth method to use: None for no authentication. To authenticate with a username and password, select Basic and then enter credentials in the Username and Password fields. To authenticate with a token, select Bearer, and then enter the authentication token in the Token field.
For Slack, create an Incoming WebHook in Slack, and then enter your webHook URL in the Slack Incoming WebHook URL field.
- Create a new service, add an integration for your service, and then enter the PagerDuty integration key for your new service in the Routing Key field.
- The Client URL provides a useful link in your PagerDuty notification. Enter any URL that you’d like to use to investigate issues. This URL is sent as the
client_urlproperty in the PagerDuty trigger event. By default, the Client URL is set to your Monitoring & Alerting History page, and the following included in the PagerDuty trigger event:
Click Create Notification Endpoint.
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support or submit feedback, the following resources are available:
- Post in the InfluxData Community.
- Submit documentation issues to the InfluxDB 2.0 documentation repository.
- Submit InfluxDB issues to the InfluxDB repository.
For our InfluxDB Cloud customers, InfluxData Support is also available.