Monitor data and send alerts
The features and functionality discussed on this page are unique to InfluxDB Cloud 2.0.
Monitor your time series data and send alerts by creating checks, notification rules, and notification endpoints.
The monitoring workflow
- A check in InfluxDB queries data and assigns a status with a
_levelbased on specific conditions.
- InfluxDB stores the output of a check in the
statusesmeasurement in the
- Notification rules check data in the
statusesmeasurement and, based on conditions set in the notification rule, send a message to a notification endpoint.
- InfluxDB stores notifications in the
notificationsmeasurement in the
Monitor your data
To get started, do the following:
- Create checks to monitor data and assign a status.
- Add notification endpoints to send notifications to third parties.
- Create notification rules to check statuses and send notifications to your notifications endpoints.
Manage your monitoring and alerting pipeline
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation. Submit feedback using one of the following methods:
- Post in the InfluxData Community
- In the InfluxDB UI, click Feedback in the left navigation bar.