Create a scraper
An InfluxDB scraper collects data from specified targets at regular intervals and then writes the scraped data to a bucket. Scrapers can collect data from available data sources as long as the data is in the Prometheus data format, which is supported by InfluxDB.
To quickly create a scraper in InfluxDB 2.0, you can use the InfluxDB 2.0 user interface (UI) to specify the target URL and the bucket to store the data. The scraped data is collected in the Prometheus data format and then transformed to match the InfluxDB data structure in the buckets.
Use the InfluxDB UI to create a scraper
Follow the steps below to configure an InfluxDB scraper. The steps below use the InfluxDB
/metrics HTTP endpoint as an example. This endpoint provides InfluxDB-specific metrics in the Prometheus data format.
- Open a web browser to access the InfluxDB 2.0 user interface (localhost:9999). The Getting started with InfluxDB 2.0 screen appears.
- In the navigation bar on the left, click Organizations and then click the name of your organization. The Organization page appears for the selected organization.
- Click the Scrapers tab. A listing of any existing scrapers appears, listing the URL and the BUCKET name.
- Click Create Scraper. The Data Loading page appears with Add Scraper Target options to define a scraper.
- From the Bucket listing, select the bucket for collecting the data.
- Enter the Target URL to use for the Prometheus
/metricsHTTP endpoint. The default URL value is
- Click Finish. Your new scraper appears in the scraper listing, displaying the values you specified for the URL and the BUCKET.
The new scraper is now collecting data into the InfluxDB bucket you specified.
Now that you have data ready to be explored, you can:
Query data. To get started querying the data stored in InfluxDB buckets using the InfluxDB user interface (UI) and the
influxcommand line interface (CLI), see Query data in InfluxDB.
Process data. To learn about creating tasks for processing and analyzing data, see Process data with InfluxDB tasks
Visualize data. To learn how to build dashboards for visualizing your data, see Visualize data with the InfluxDB UI.
Bug Reports and Feedback
Thank you for being willing to help test InfluxDB v2.0 alpha! Feedback and bug reports are welcome and encouraged both for InfluxDB and this documentation.