Get started with InfluxDB Cloud 2.0
InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 is a fully managed, hosted, multi-tenanted version of the InfluxDB 2.0 time series data platform. The core of InfluxDB Cloud is built on the foundation of the open source version of InfluxDB 2.0, which is much more than a database. It is a time series data platform that collects, stores, processes and visualizes metrics and events.
See the differences between InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS below.
Start for free
Start using InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 at no cost with the Free Plan. Use it as much and as long as you like within the plan’s rate-limits. Limits are designed to let you monitor 5-10 sensors, stacks or servers comfortably. Once you’re ready to grow, upgrade to the Usage-based Plan.
- Go to InfluxDB Cloud 2.0, enter your email address and password, and click Sign Up.
- InfluxDB Cloud requires email verification to complete the sign up process. Verify your email address by opening the email sent to the address you provided and clicking Verify Your Email.
- Choose your cloud provider. Currently, AWS is the only cloud provider available.
Select a region for your InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 instance. The following regions are available:
- US West (Oregon)
- EU Frankfurt
To suggest regions to add, click Let us know under Regions.
Review the terms of the agreement, and then select I have viewed and agree to InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 Services Subscription Agreement and InfluxData Global Data Processing Agreement.. For details on the agreements, see the InfluxDB Cloud 2.0: Services Subscription Agreement and the InfluxData Global Data Processing Agreement.
Click Continue. InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 opens with a default organization and bucket (both created from your email address).
All InfluxDB 2.0 documentation applies to InfluxDB Cloud unless otherwise specified. References to the InfluxDB user interface (UI) or localhost:9999 refer to your InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 UI.
Sign in to InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 using your email address and password.
Collect and write data
Collect and write data to InfluxDB using the Telegraf plugins, the InfluxDB v2 API, the
command line interface (CLI), the InfluxDB UI (the user interface for InfluxDB 2.0), or the InfluxDB v2 API client libraries.
Use Telegraf to quickly write data to InfluxDB Cloud 2.0. Create new Telegraf configurations automatically in the InfluxDB UI, or manually update an existing Telegraf configuration to send data to your InfluxDB Cloud instance.
API, CLI, and client libraries
For information about using the InfluxDB v2 API,
influx CLI, and client libraries to write data,
see Write data to InfluxDB.
InfluxDB Cloud instance endpoint
When using Telegraf, the InfluxDB v2 API, the
influx CLI, or the client libraries to interact with your InfluxDB Cloud
instance, extract the “host” or “endpoint” of your instance from your InfluxDB Cloud UI URL.
# for US West (Oregon) https://us-west-2-1.aws.cloud2.influxdata.com # for EU Frankfurt https://eu-central-1-1.aws.cloud2.influxdata.com
Query and visualize data
Once you’ve set up InfluxDB Cloud to collect data, you can do the following:
- Query data using Flux, the UI, and the
influxcommand line interface. See Query data.
- Build custom dashboards to visualize your data. See Visualize data.
Use InfluxDB tasks to process and downsample data. See Process data.
View data usage
Once you’re up and running with InfluxDB Cloud, monitor your data usage in your InfluxDB Cloud UI.
Differences between InfluxDB Cloud and InfluxDB OSS
InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 is API-compatible and functionally compatible with InfluxDB OSS 2.0. The primary differences between InfluxDB OSS 2.0 and InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 are:
- InfluxDB scrapers that collect data from specified targets are not available in InfluxDB Cloud.
- InfluxDB Cloud instances are currently limited to a single organization with a single user.
- Retrieving data from a file based CSV source using the
fileparameter of the
csv.from()function is not supported; however you can use raw CSV data with the
- Multi-organization accounts and multi-user organizations are currently not available in InfluxDB Cloud 2.0.
New features in InfluxDB Cloud 2.0
- Free Plan (rate-limited): Skip downloading and installing InfluxDB 2.0 and jump right in to exploring InfluxDB 2.0 technology. The Free Plan is designed for getting started with InfluxDB and for small hobby projects.
- Flux support: Flux is a standalone data scripting and query language that increases productivity and code reuse. It is the primary language for working with data within InfluxDB 2.0. Flux can be used with other data sources as well. This allows users to work with data where it resides.
- Unified API: Everything in InfluxDB (ingest, query, storage, and visualization) is now accessible using a unified InfluxDB v2 API that enables seamless movement between open source and cloud.
- Integrated visualization and dashboards: Based on the pioneering Chronograf project, the new user interface (InfluxDB UI) offers quick and effortless onboarding, richer user experiences, and significantly quicker results.
- Usage-based pricing: The The Usage-based Plan offers more flexibility and ensures that you only pay for what you use.