Manage InfluxDB Cloud billing
Upgrade to Usage-Based Plan
- Click Upgrade Now in the top right corner of the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI).
- Review the terms and pricing associated with the Usage-Based Plan.
- Click Sounds Good To Me.
- Enter your contact information. Traditionally this would be “shipping” information, but InfluxData does not ship anything. This information should be the primary location where the service is consumed. All service updates, security notifications and other important information are sent using the information you provide. The address is used to determine any applicable sales tax.
- Enter your payment information and click Add Card.
- Review the plan details, contact information, and credit card information.
- Click Confirm & Order.
Add your payment method and view billing information in the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI).
Access billing details
In the InfluxDB Cloud UI, select the user avatar in the left navigation menu, and select Billing.
Do one of the following:
If you subscribed to an InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 plan through AWS Marketplace or GCP Marketplace, click the AWS or GCP link to access your billing and subscription information.
If you subscribed to an InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 plan through InfluxData, complete the following procedures as needed:
- Add or update your payment method
- Add or update your contact information
- Send notifications when usage exceeds an amount
View information about:
Add or update your payment method
On the Billing page:
- To update, click the Change Payment button on the Billing page.
- In the Payment Method section:
- Enter your cardholder name and number
- Select your expiration month and year
- Enter your CVV code and select your card type
- Enter your card billing address
Click Add Card.
Add or update your contact information
- On the Billing page:
- To update, click the Edit Information button.
- In the Contact Information section, enter your name, company, and address.
- Click Save Contact Info.
Send notifications when usage exceeds an amount
- On the Billing page, click Notification Settings.
- Select the Send email notification toggle, and then enter the email address to notify.
- Enter the dollar amount to trigger a notification email. By default, an email is triggered when the amount exceeds $10. (Whole dollar amounts only. For example, $10.50 is not a supported amount.)
View Usage-based Plan information
On the Billing page, view your billing information, including:
- Account balance
- Last billing update (updated hourly)
- Past invoices
- Payment method
- Contact information
- Notification settings
View Free Plan information
On the Billing page, view the total limits available for the Free Plan.
Exceeded rate limits
If you exceed your plan’s rate limits, InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 provides a notification in the InfluxDB Cloud user interface (UI) and adds a rate limit event to your Usage page for review.
All rate-limited requests are rejected; including both read and write requests. Rate-limited requests are not queued.
To remove rate limits, upgrade to a Usage-based Plan.
Rate-limited HTTP response code
When a request exceeds your plan’s rate limit, the InfluxDB API returns the following response:
HTTP 429 “Too Many Requests” Retry-After: xxx (seconds to wait before retrying the request)
Billing occurs on the first day of the month for the previous month. For example, if you start the Usage-based Plan on September 15, you’re billed on October 1 for your usage from September 15-30.
Declined or late payments
|Initial declined payment||We’ll retry charge every 72 hours. During this period, update your payment method to successfully process your payment.|
|One week later||Account disabled except data writes. Update your payment method to successfully process your payment and enable your account.|
|10-14 days later||Account completely disabled. During this period, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your payment and enable your account.|
|21 days later||Account suspended. Contact email@example.com to settle your final bill and retrieve a copy of your data or access to InfluxDB Cloud dashboards, tasks, Telegraf configurations, and so on.|
Support and feedback
Thank you for being part of our community! We welcome and encourage your feedback and bug reports for InfluxDB and this documentation. To find support or submit feedback, the following resources are available:
- Post in the InfluxData Community.
- Submit documentation issues to the InfluxDB 2.0 documentation repository.
- Submit InfluxDB issues to the InfluxDB repository.
For our InfluxDB Cloud customers, InfluxData Support is also available.